Missouri Medical Cannabis Trade Association (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.mocanntrade.org including any content, functionality, accounts, and services offered on or through www.mocanntrade.org (collectively, our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website, including through any account or profile creation.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through any mobile or desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number or business name, business location any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as gender, race, date of birth, user name, passwords and communication preferences; and/or
- about your internet connection or Internet Protocol address, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us and when you create an account, if applicable.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, creating an account, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Membership contact information
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking), such as the websites visited before and after the user’s visited the Website, the web pages and advertisements viewed, the links clicked on, interactions with email messages sent by the Website, and information collected through the use of unique identifiers such as cookies (see below).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us, amongst other things, to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences and Website usage, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include the following:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Tokens. Tokens are unique persistent identifiers that are generated and sent from a server to a user’s device to identify an interaction session, such as the authentication for a user’s cable provider service, and which are usually stored as an HTTP cookie.
- Other Tracking Technologies. The Website and/or third parties may use other tracking technologies to collect information automatically as a user browses the Website and the web.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about a user that we collect from other sources or a user provides to us. By visiting the Website, you acknowledge, understand, and agree that you are giving us your consent to set and access cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, tokens, or similar tracking technologies on your device and track your activities and your use of the site through these tracking technologies and identified and that we may use tracking technologies in the emails we send to you.
Information Third Parties Collect About Users. The Company uses Google Analytics to gather anonymous analytics and statistics about the Website and how users are using the Website so that the Company can improve the Website. In order for Google to effectively track visitors, display ads, and keep statistics, it places a tracking cookie when you visit the Website. Google Analytics utilizes the cookie and usage data of visitors to this website to track and examine the use of the Website and to prepare reports on the activities and performance of the Website and share the data with Google Technical Support. Google Analytics may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services when a user uses the Website. If you would like to avoid that cookie, simply view the Website in “privacy mode” or change the settings in your browser to not accept cookies. If you would like to remove a cookie, run a search using your preferred search engine for “how to clear cookies in your browser” (for example, in Chrome press Control+Shift+Delete and then choose to clear cookies from the past hour). And, for those who are interested, read more about Google’s General Privacy.
For additional inquiries about these third-party entities or their services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription(s), including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own / third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see the section of this policy titled: Choices About How We Use and Disclose User Information, below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertiser’s target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government, law enforcement or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes (but is not limited to) exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, preventing or stopping alleged or suspected criminal activity, and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
- Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the browser communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. There currently is disagreement, including among participants in the leading Internet standards-setting organization, concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. We may reassess how to respond to these signals in the future.
Accessing and Correcting Your User Information
You have the right to access, update and correct factual inaccuracies in personally identifiable information that we collect through the Website or your use of the Services, subject to certain exceptions. To do so, you should log into your account or you may e-mail us at [EMAIL]. To help protect your privacy and the security of your personally identifiable information, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to help secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Moreover, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we generally follow industry standards to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
U.S. Governing Law
The Website is designed for and targeted to U.S. audiences and are governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the U.S., specifically the State of Missouri. We make no representation that the Website is operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of, or governed by, other nations. If you are located outside of the U.S., you use this Website at your own risk and initiative and you, not us, are responsible for compliance with any applicable local and national laws. Please be aware that any personal information and other information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of Website shall be collected in the U.S. and/or transferred to the U.S. and subject to U.S. law. As set forth in more detail in the Company’s Terms and Conditions www.mocanntrade.org/terms no information on this website should be construed as legal advice. In no way does the Company warrant to or guarantee the truth or accuracy of the content of the Website.